Do you make your own Christmas wreaths and garlands? I went out to cut branches for my Christmas swags for either side of the door, and came back with the following –
- red cedar (you can tell by the colour of the stems and bark)
- balsam fir, with the delightful light green tips to the branches
- fir, with fuzzier needle formation
- salal, which gives great berries but stays green all year
- hawthorne, for the beautiful red berries
- broom, which is a weed, but adds a lovely straight sweeping component
This is what I came up with for my front door. What do you do for your Christmas greenery? Merry Christmas everyone!